More things to do, to see, and to hear at the 2014 EELive!
Collected here are is a round-up of news and commentary about events,
speakers, tutorials, panels, tear-downs, prizes classes at the EELive!
Embedded Systems Conference during the upcoming week of March 31 - April 3,
Michael Barr, Toyota safety case expert witness and regular Embedded.com contributor and former editor of Embedded Systems Programming Magazine will give keynote at the 2014 ESC on Killer Apps and teach a class on bug-killing code standard rules.
Embedded systems development expert Jack G. Ganssle returns this year to deliver three sessions in the Embedded Systems Conference at the EETimes EELive! 2014
Two C++ legends, Bjarne Soustrup and Herb Sutter, will be at EE Live! in an intensive tuturial previwing new and upcoming features in C++ and providing tips on becoming a better programmer.
At EELive VDC's Christopher Rommell will look at the business opportunities for companies trying to rally around the Internet of Things as a catalyst for an embedded renaissance.Free Raspberry Pi Speed Training and giveaways at EELive!
At EELive! there will be six hands-on speed training sessions for the Raspberry Pi single-board computer, as well as Pi giveaways, custom accessory boards, and more.
The growing number of cloud protocols for the Internet of Things is almost as daunting as the diversity of IoT markets Xively's Chad Jones, a IoT Summit panelist at EELive!
At EELive! TE Connectivity's Rob Shaddock will talk at the Internet of Things summit about datacenters with terabits/second silicon phonetics and smartphones antennas fabricated with copper printed into fine structures.
Anton Venediktov will discuss how he and his team integrated an advanced UI for a military comunication system using the BeagleBone open-source hardware development platform; a UI from Angstrom Linux and Python, both open source.
Experts will lay out some of the ingredients for applying sensor fusion techniques to wirless sensor and consumer designs in a panel at the IoT Engineering Summit at ESC/EE Live!.
The Black Hat Engineering Summit at ESC/EELive will provide embedded developers with background and tools for assessing security risks to their designs in an increasingly connected environment.Zapping intermittent bugs & other tips on building better designs
ESC/EELive! 2014 features seven technical programs aimed at educating engineers in a variety of relevant and important areas. with dozens of case studies, postmortems, panels, and tutorials.
At ESC/EELive!, Mentor Graphics’ Colin Walls will provide a session titled "USB 3.0 - An Introduction for Embedded Software Developers" as part of the Hardware: Design, I/O, and Interfacing track.
Thomas Sohmers, CEO of Rex Computing will share his views on Silicon Valley startups and more at EELive!Street-wise CTO to reveal all at EELive! IoT Engineering Summit
Mark Noworolski is one of a handful of top execs who will talk about their real-world Internet of Things experiences the first week of April at the IoT Engineering Summit, part of EE Live! 2014.
Andrew “Bunnie” Huang, famous for his work in reverse engineering the Xbox and for his advocacy of open-source hardware, will deliver a keynote on “Open Source Hardware and the Future of Embedded System."
12 Engineers Who challenge conventional thinking will be among those who'll share their hands-on experience with technologies reshaping embedded systems at the 2014 ESC/EELive!Discovery Channel’s Joe Grand returns to EELive! To hack hardware
Joe Grand, cohost of the Discovery Channel’s Prototype This! returns to the 2014 EE Live! Show to share his experiences with reverse engineering of printed circuit boards at the Black Hat and Hardware Startup Engineering summits
Other news and events of note at the 2014 EELive! Conference and Expo
- Hacking a SmartTV at EE Live! The zombies you watch or play in video games on your smart TV may be less scary than the abilities of hackers using the same device. Researchers from iSEC Partners will go into depth about this at an EE Live! talk.
- Free Hawaiian Baseball Caps at EE Live! 2014 The bottom line is that we don’t have a precision marching squad, but we do have a couple of hundred Hawaiian baseball caps.
- Free Raspberry Pi Training & Giveaways at EE Live! Expo EE Live! 2014 will host six hands-on speed training sessions for the popular Raspberry Pi single-board computer, as well as giveaways for Raspberry Pis, custom accessory boards, and more.
- 5 New Products Not to Miss at EE Live! We've highlighted five new products that you shouldn't miss at EE Live! in April. Here's a quick tour of what's hot.
- EE Times' Fantastical Theatre of Engineering Innovation Debuts at EE Live! Please be sure to stop by the Fantastical Theatre of Engineering Innovation while you're at EE Live!