Connext DDS Professional 5.1 speeds development of intelligent systems for IoT
Connext DDS Professional 5.1 is the latest version of Real-Time Innovations' software platform for the rapid development and integration of distributed Intelligent Systems. Connext DDS is a next generation communications platform that leverages a data-centric approach to address the challenges of big data in motion, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication, and system of systems integration to meet the needs of the Internet of Things.
With over 60 new features and enhancements and 20+ additional platforms, Connext DDS Professional 5.1 delivers an improved user experience and accelerates system development and deployment.
New features in Connext DDS Professional include:
- Smart and dynamic routing of data across networks (such as local and wide area networks) based on applications’ current interest set – this eliminates the need to configure data flows and improves efficiency by filtering unsubscribed data at the source. As a result, systems can easily scale to handle thousands of applications and devices that distribute millions of unique data points.
- The ability to extend data types without breaking interoperability with already deployed applications. This allows the seamless introduction of new capabilities with requiring changes to existing applications or even system-wide restarts—a key requirement of mission-critical applications. This new capability complies with the DDS-XTypes standard. Simpler and more automated tuning –
- Built-in Quality of Service (QoS) profiles contain best practice configurations for common use cases. In addition, new protocol enhancements dynamically optimize throughput based on current message rates and consumers’ ability to accommodate them. This allows applications to communicate over different network types, such as cellular and wired, without requiring custom configurations.
Connext DDS combines extremely loose coupling with ultra-high performance and scalability, eliminating the need for custom messaging approaches and complex integration logic. It offers extensive Quality of Service controls to accommodate specific real-time data delivery needs with respect to frequency, timeliness and reliability.
- Interoperable across programming languages, operating systems, CPU families and network types
- Well-defined component interfaces for rapid integration Low latency and high throughput
- Deterministic even under load and at scale Reliable multicast for efficient data distribution
- Peer-to-peer communication with no message brokers and servers
- Non-stop availability with live upgrades and no single point of failure
- Fully compliant with the OMG DDS standard