Azoteq introduces three new low cost capacitive proximity controllers
Azoteq has released three new controllers, the IQS227, IQS228 and IQS229. The IQS229 is a capacitive proximity controller specifically designed for SAR compliance in mobile devices (IEC 62209-2, FCC KDB 616217), the first, according to Azoteq. The IQS229 incorporates a unique movement detector, which can be used in applications where proximity or touch detection is required for prolonged periods.
The IQS227 and IQS228 are new versions of the popular single channel IQS127 and IQS128 controllers. The IQS227/228 offer several improvements such as a lower operating voltage, lower power consumption, and more configurable options.
- IQS229 - SAR compliance according to IEC 62209-2 standard and FCC KDB 616217 - D04 SAR
- IQS228 - DYCAL Intelligent Hysteresis
- IQS229 - Movement detector
- Internal Capacitor Implementation
- Automatic Electrode Tuning Implementation
- Supply voltage: 1.8V to 3.6V
- Minimal external components
- User programmable (OTP) functions
- I/O Sink or Source selection
- Time-out for stuck key detection
- Proximity and Touch sensitivity
- Touch: 6 mm plastic, 10 mm glass
- SAR Proximity: 2.5 cm
- IQS227, 228 - 6 pin TSOT23-6
- IQS229 – DFN-10
Applications: Handheld detection for Tablet PC’s, on-ear detection for mobile phones, human interface devices, proximity detection enabled backlighting, wearable devices, white good and appliances.
More information on the IQS229
More information on the IQS 227 and IQS228
Currently no items