Mentor Embedded's Infotainment product is GENIVI 3.0-CompliantThe Mentor Embedded GENIVI 3.0 specification-compliant, Linux-based Infotainment (IVI) solution integrates graphics, communication, and multimedia middleware with libraries, system infrastructure and management components on top of Linux, and optimized drivers and BSPs for specific hardware. Mentor Embedded development tools and expert services provide a comprehensive solution for automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers, enabling them to build the next generation of IVI systems and include open source software components.
New features in the Mentor Embedded Infotainment solution that meet the GENIVI 3.0 specification include:
- An updated Linux kernel
- Additional Bluetooth components, including hands-free and phone book
- The Node Startup Controller which enables the Infotainment Systems function to return to a last known state on power-up
- Updated versions of systemd, an emerging technology for improving startup efficiency and control
- AF_BUS patches to the Linux Kernel and dbus for improved performance on D-Bus Inter-Process
- Updated packages including Bluetooth, Internet Connection Management, and Sound Server