Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad is TI's first 32-bit IoT LaunchPad
The Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad. from Texas Instruments is the company's latest addition to its microcontroller LaunchPad ecosystem. At $19.99, this Internet of Things (IoT) platform enables engineers and makers to rapidly prototype a wide range of cloud-enabled applications, bringing expansive connectivity to any new or existing LaunchPad-based application. The Tiva C Series TM4C1294NCPDT MCU on-board adds advanced Ethernet technology and the largest memory footprint available in the LaunchPad ecosystem. The platform can run multiple communication stacks simultaneously, allowing engineers to develop network gateways that can connect multiple endpoints to the cloud. Example applications include sensor gateways, home automation controllers, industrial communication/control networks, cloud-enabled gadgets/appliances and anything you choose to connect.
Along with the on-board Ethernet MAC +PHY, significant analog integration and connectivity options, the Tiva C Series contains two BoosterPack XL plug-in interfaces. These interfaces allow designers to connect to a wide range of compatible BoosterPacks, providing the capability to expand application reach with sensors, displays, wireless modules and more.
- Connect and communicate with products and services using on-board 10/100 Ethernet MAC+PHY with advanced-line diagnostics for smart identification of cabling issues. Integrated CAN and USB provide high-speed connectivity, allowing the creation of seamless gateway solutions.
- Control outputs and manage multiple events, such as lighting, sensing, motion, display and switching, using sensor aggregation capabilities with 10 I2C ports, two fast accurate 12-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), two quadrature encoder inputs, three on-chip comparators, external peripheral interface and advanced pulse-width modulation (PWM) outputs.
- Use the on-board cloud solution to remotely interact with applications running on the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad(s).
- Maximize the value of IoT applications with scalable cloud technologies and visual analytics. These enable designers to connect remotely through a web browser or custom application to manage the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad and real-time data.
- Interconnect to standard breadboards for easy prototyping with the I/O grid array using industry-standard headers.
- Regulate application power levels with on-board TI analog: TPS2052BDRBR (fault-protected power switch, dual-channel) and TPS73733DRV (3.3 LDO fixed out and 5V in).