At the 2014 International CES, Conexant Systems Inc. introduced the next generation of its high-performance far-field voice input processor system-on-chip (SoC) designed specifically for Smart TVs – the CX2092x. Conexant’s new chip utilizes third generation voice processing technology to deliver superior voice control with excellent speech recognition hit rates and voice communications with increased clarity in far-field conditions – up to four meters away from the TV.
The new chip is part of Conexant’s AudioSmart solutions and offers a highly accurate, robust way to control TVs with voice – unleashing the full capabilities of Smart TVs by making advanced control and search much more efficient than traditional push button remote controls. With an industry-leading low-power, small footprint speech recognition engine running within the chip, the CX2092x can always be listening for a wake-up voice command while the rest of the TV is powered off. The CX2092x executes this ‘always-listening’ mode in an ultra low-power state enabling TVs to comfortably meet worldwide energy standards for standby power.
Key features include:
- Fully-integrated Wake-on-Voice solution with embedded third party speech recognition engine
- Excellent speech recognition hit rate and clear voice quality
- Compatibility with multiple leading speech recognition vendors
- Reference design with pre-tuned “hidden” microphone module for industrial design esthetics and performance
- Dual 24 bit ADC and microphone preamp with independent microphone bias supply
The CX2092x is available in a 60-QFN package. EVKs are currently available to qualified customers and partners for $500. Pricing starts at $5.18 each in 100K quantities.
At 2014 International CES in Las Vegas, Conexant will be demonstrating a range of AudioSmart solutions and will be running its CX2092x on a big screen, voice interactive smart TV. Please visit Conexant’s Experience Smart Facebook page for all of the details.