The DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q deserializers are the newest additions to Texas Instruments Incorporated's FPD-Link III automotive-grade chipset family. The SerDes chipset provides a seamless video and data interface to megapixel driver-assist camera modules, with no software overhead and fewer wires, resulting in reduced power consumption, cost and weight. Applications include front-view camera for collision avoidance and traffic sign/pedestrian recognition, rear-view camera for backup protection, and surround-view cameras for parking assistance.
- Smallest serializer for ultra-compact megapixel camera modules: DS90UB913Q features 25-mm2 footprint, with 10-MHz to 100-MHz pixel clock and 10- and 12-bit pixel depth.
- Industry's first adaptive receiver EQ compensates cable loss: DS90UB914Q automatically adapts EQ gain, compensating for dynamic and long-term changes in cable loss.
- Fast response time increases driver safety: Continuous, bidirectional control channel on a single twisted pair cable provides low latency for precise multi-camera synchronization.
- Lower-cost cable assemblies: Lower serial line rates of up to 1.4 Gbps drive down system costs.
- System flexibility: DS90UB914Q's integrated 2:1 multiplexer allows the ECU video processor to select content from two camera sources.
- Supports heat-exposed installations: The SerDes chipset operates over the -40 degrees C to 105 degrees C temperature range.
The DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q can be combined with other automotive vision control building blocks, including the TMS320DM8148 (DM8148) automotive vision processor; LM22671 42-V, 500-mA SIMPLE SWITCHER step-down voltage regulator; and LP38693 500-mA LDO regulator. Automotive safety system designers can use TI's FPD-Link III SerDes chipsets to connect cameras and displays to an electronic control unit (ECU) with thinner, more flexible cabling.
The DS90UB913Q and DS90UB914Q are available now for a suggested retail price of US$5.36 for each device in 1,000-unit quantities. The DS90UB913Q serializer is supplied in a 32-pin, 5-mm x 5-mm QFN package, while the DS90UB914Q deserializer is offered in a 48-pin, 7-mm x 7-mm QFN package.