Coverity, Inc. has released version 7.5 of the Coverity Software Testing Platform. With the Coverity 7.5 platform, Coverity is expanding the reach and impact of software testing by increasing collaboration between Development and Quality Assurance (QA), and enabling faster time-to-market, reduced software development costs, and higher end-product quality.
With the new version of the Coverity platform, software developers can focus their test development and test execution on the most critical parts of their code, regardless of whether the testing is done in Development or QA. Development teams now can address quality and security issues as the code is being developed, while QA teams can reduce their overall testing time by focusing on code impacted by change and eliminating testing gaps. This platform release also includes several new analysis algorithms, further strengthening Coverity's support for C# and Java codebases.
New features in the Coverity platform include:
- Test prioritization and execution: The new Coverity Test Advisor – QA Edition, which is based on the innovation acquired from Kalistick, enables QA teams to monitor the execution and results of their tests, then identify which tests are most critical based on changes to the source code and testing gaps. This enables faster time to market while ensuring the most relevant tests are executed and testing gaps are addressed.
- Breadth and depth of C# and Java code analysis: This release includes 12 new and enhanced analysis algorithms for finding C# and Java issues. These algorithms further improve the accuracy of the platform's defect detection capabilities, providing developers with the information they need to quickly troubleshoot and fix critical defects such as concurrency issues, which are difficult to detect and result in performance issues and incorrect behavior of the application.
- Expanded Java web application security coverage: With the addition of several new security analysis algorithms – including a Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) checker and a Risky Crypto checker – the Coverity platform now offers extensive coverage for the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 and Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) security vulnerabilities for Java applications.
- Improved integration with the developer workflow: The Coverity platform's desktop analysis capability enables developers to resolve issues almost immediately from within their IDE. Defects can be automatically assigned for remediation to the developer who modified the relevant lines of code, which helps accelerate issue resolution and improves overall productivity.
- Register for our Coverity Platform – Version 7.5 webcast
- Try our new Coverity Test Advisor – QA Edition
- Watch our new video: Coverity Test Advisor – QA Edition