CSR plc has launched the CSRC9300T, which the company claims is the first auto-grade chipset to combine Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v4.0 connectivity with audio capabilities. The complete solution will enable car manufacturers to deliver future connected car applications such as Miracast over 5Ghz and keyless entry using Bluetooth v4.0. The CSRC9300T provides next-generation Wi-Fi for high-bandwidth applications, Bluetooth v4.0 Smart Ready for the low-power connectivity ecosystem, and complementary audio, including aptX for high-fidelity wireless streaming.
The CSRC9300 enables next-generation 5Ghz Wi-Fi connectivity with the 802.11a standard, which is set to support new applications for the car including in-vehicle video streaming. By moving high bandwidth demanding applications to the 5Ghz frequency, designers can avoid congestion on the 2.4Ghz frequency in the vehicle, which is also used for Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart Ready communications. The chipset will also support the latest Wi-Fi features, including Wi-Fi direct and its services, which will enable more seamless Wi-Fi connectivity between cars and the latest smartphones on the market.
The chipset also contains Bluetooth v4.0 support, which enables low-power connectivity and basic data transfer for applications previously limited by the power consumption, size constraints, and complexity of other wireless standards. By including Bluetooth v4.0, the chipset will enable applications such as proximity and keyless entry applications. It will also allow consumers to securely connect to their cars, so they can have data such as lock/unlock status sent to their Bluetooth Smart Ready enabled smartphones.
- Wi-Fi subsystem on the CSRC9300 is provided by a RAM firmware image, allowing customers the flexibility to introduce changes to the Wi-Fi operation of their systems .
- Concurrent network support on 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz frequencies gives designers additional flexibility in managing their in-vehicle wireless networks.
- Excellent Wi-Fi throughput performance.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coexistence tailored for automotive use cases.
- CSRC9300 will be supported on important automotive platforms such as Linux, Windows Automotive, QNX and Android.
Engineering samples for the CSRC9300 are now available.