Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (CWCDS) has unveiled the SoftScan/1905, an integrated embedded radar acquisition and scan conversion system.
SoftScan/1905 combines CWCDS’ SoftScan radar scan conversion software and a rugged, high performance COTS 6U VME single board computer (SBC).
Also, SoftScan/1905 hardware includes a 6U VME CWCDS SVME-1905 SBC and an XMC-710 graphics controller mezzanine card. The system’s display controller supports dual-head graphics output on DVI-I single-link (dual-head output) or dual-link (single-head output), with resolutions up to 1600×1200 (single link) or 2560×1600 / 2048×2048 (dual-link, single head).
• Radar scan conversion in 6U VME embedded form factor
• Uses Curtiss-Wright's SVME-1905 SBC and XMC-710 graphics controller
• Dual-head high resolution graphics output
• Very high scan conversion performance
• PPI, A-scan and B-scan windows supported
• Allows loading of customer application code with comprehensive API
• Optional SoftScan/RDS application software supports turnkey radar display console
• Optional dual-channel high bandwidth radar acquisition capability
• Available in L0, L50, L100 and L200 ruggedization levels (only L0 and L50 if radar acquisition included)
Applications would include multi-function radar consoles for naval vessels, airborne surveillance, aircraft ground movement, air traffic control and coastal vessel tracking systems.
The list price is $17,730 for standard configuration.
SoftScan is now available on both PC-based and embedded platforms.
To view a SoftScan demonstration , click here .
To access the fact sheet , click here .
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Military/Aerospace Designline where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of military, defense and aerospace. And, to register to our weekly newsletter, click here .