The Ingenic Newton platform has been designed to fit in devices about the size of a quarter dollar coin (21.6mm x 38.4mm), targeting markets such as wearables, IoT, healthcare, home appliances, security, industrial control, and consumer electronics. The platform offers maximum flexibility for companies wishing to design differentiated connected products. It features several key design techniques that bring power consumption to a minimum and cut down on unnecessary components, therefore reducing cost and area. The platform includes the MIPS-based Ingenic JZ4775 CPU, multimedia, connectivity, smart sensors and many other peripherals.
Ingenic Newton standby power is a 4mW, generic computing tasks (think MP3 playback) take up to 100mW on average, while peak power consumption is around 260mW. This means that Ingenic-powered smartwatches can last for 30+ hours on a single charge.
- A low power, high performance 1GHz MIPS-based Ingenic JZ4775 CPU
- Dedicated 2D graphics engine
- Multi-standard VPU (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.264, VP8, RV9) designed for smooth 720p@30fps playback
- Memory: 256KB L2 cache RAM + up to 3GB mobile DDR3/DDR2/LPDDR RAM + eMMC
- 4-in-1 combo connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR (including Bluetooth LE support), NFC, FM
- Sensors: 3-axis gyroscope, accelerometer magnetometer; pressure, humidity and temperature; bio-signal detection and processing
- Expansion ports: UART, I2C, USB, GPIO