Dev kit offers IoT wireless connectivity
Silicon Labs unveiled a new Wireless Xpress solution that claims that developers can get prototype IoT applications running in one day without software development. Designed to make Bluetooth 5 and Wi-Fi connectivity easy, the configuration-based development solution includes everything that developers need — Bluetooth 5 Low Energy (LE) and Wi-Fi modules, integrated protocol stacks, and easy-to-use tools — to move from product concept to prototyping.
“By using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Wireless Xpress, developers can move from product concept to prototyping in a matter of hours instead of weeks,” said Matt Johnson, senior vice president and general manager of IoT products at Silicon Labs, in a statement. “Wireless Xpress greatly reduces the design learning curve without compromising sophisticated Bluetooth or Wi-Fi functionality. Developers will spend less time learning how to add wireless connectivity to their IoT devices and more time designing innovative, distinctive products and getting them to market ahead of the competition.”
Key features of Bluetooth LE Xpress:
- Bluetooth 5 BGX13 module requires no firmware development
- Zero-overhead serial-to-Bluetooth cable replacement solution
- Smartphone app for Bluetooth LE command, control, and sensing
- Secure connections with encrypted communication, bonding, and passkey pairing
- Applications include smart home products requiring Bluetooth control with a mobile app and adding a point-to-point wireless interface to industrial applications
>> Continue reading this article on our sister site, Electronic Products: "Prototype IoT products in one day without software development."