Keysight offers user-extensible frequency domain analysis for real-time oscilloscopes
Keysight Technologies, Inc. has announced the availability of a frequency domain analysis (FDA) option for its Infiniium and InfiniiVision Series oscilloscopes. The FDA option extends the capabilities of the oscilloscopes by enabling engineers to acquire live signals from the oscilloscope and visualize them in the frequency domain as well as make key frequency domain measurements. Option N8832A-001 includes the application, the application source code for user extensibility, and MATLAB software. These tools allow engineers to extend the application’s capabilities to meet their current and future testing needs.
- Power spectral density (PSD) and spectrogram visualization, commonly found in spectrum analyzer and frequency domain analysis software.
- Frequency domain measurements in an application including relevant peaks in the PSD and measurements such as occupied bandwidth, SNR, THD (total harmonic distortion), SFDR (spurious free dynamic range) and frequency error.
- Oscilloscope configuration through the application to allow for repeatable instrument configuration and measurements; optionally includes additional SCPI commands for more advanced instrument setup.
- Insertion of additional custom signal processing commands prior to frequency domain visualization, as needed, for more advanced analysis insight.
- Live or post-acquisition analysis of time-domain data in MATLAB software.