Green Hills Software has announced the availability of the safe and secure INTEGRITY real-time operating system and its integrated products/services for the Telemaco3P automotive processor from STMicroelectronics. Today, customers are using the highly integrated ST platform in production vehicle programs for secure telematics and connectivity functions. The platform combines the ASIL-certified INTEGRITY RTOS, middleware and ASIL-certified software development tools with the STMicroelectronics automotive processor. Global carmakers and their suppliers can add new levels of safe and secure performance, enabling a wide range of secure telematics applications supporting high-throughput connectivity to the cloud and secure over-the-air firmware upgrades.
For many years, Green Hills Software and ST have enjoyed a fruitful partnership, providing automotive-grade solutions and support to customers throughout their product lifecycle – from development on early samples to deployment on high-volume production programs.
ST’s Telemaco3P provides a cost-effective system-on-chip solution for a secure connection between the vehicle and the cloud. It features an asymmetric multicore architecture, embedded Hardware Security Module (HSM), ISO 26262 silicon design up to ASIL-B, independent and isolated CAN control subsystem, Ethernet AVB and optimised power management.
The INTEGRITY real-time operating system architecture was designed and certified for life-critical embedded systems. For over two decades customers have successfully relied on INTEGRITY for the most critical functions – to fly passenger aircraft, control surgical devices and run intelligent automotive driver assistance systems. INTEGRITY separation architecture enables software teams to safely and securely run software of different levels of criticality on the same processor while guaranteeing software tasks can access the system resources they need.
The Green Hills Platform for Secure Connected Car offers a comprehensive list of capabilities for customers to choose from, according to their design and market goals:
- INTEGRITY RTOS, safety certified for ISO 26262 ASIL D critical automotive software.
- MULTI integrated development environment (IDE) and debugger, ASIL-certified Green Hills C/C++ Optimizing Compilers and toolchain, profiler and many other integrated time-saving tools.
- Integrated code quality tools including MISRA C/C++ code quality adherence checker and DoubleCheck static analyzer.
- Multicore run-control, board bring-up, low-level debugging and real-time trace debugging with the Green HiIls Probe utilising industry-standard CoreSight from Arm.
- Proven partner ecosystem spanning cryptographic security toolkits, graphics, networking, connectivity, modelling and all aspects of embedded device development and deployment.
- Services for safety/security certifications, system performance and programmer productivity.