Infiniium Z-Series oscilloscopes from Agilent Technologies Inc. can be synchronized to measure up to 40 channels simultaneously with a maximum 63-GHz real-time oscilloscope bandwidth (on up to 10 oscilloscopes). The new oscilloscopes are designed to enable engineers to effectively test devices that incorporate the newest technologies and achieve new performance milestones.
The Z-Series includes 10 models ranging from 20 to 63 GHz, all of which are bandwidth-upgradable to 63 GHz. The Z-Series also features significantly faster processing and a next-generation user interface.
Key capabilities include:
- Sufficient bandwidth to capture the third harmonic on 28-, 32- and 40-Gbps digital signals;
- Next-generation user interface to analyze emerging technologies, including spatial modulation;
- Optional synchronization port to measure up to 40 channels simultaneously;
- Capacitive touch screen and touch-screen-friendly controls to improve the user experience; and
- USB 3.0 offload speeds, making it significantly faster to offload and analyze data.
The Z-Series leverages key technologies used in the 90000 Q-Series oscilloscopes. They include RealEdge technology, which comprises a combination of Agilent-proprietary architectures, next-generation microcircuits/thin-film components, and advanced application of Agilent’s indium phosphide semiconductor process. RealEdge enables high-frequency capability while maintaining the industry’s lowest noise and jitter measurement floors (75 fs).
These new oscilloscopes allow engineers to take advantage of Agilent Infiniium oscilloscopes’ industry-leading hardware and software advancements that have been years in the making. These improvements include seamless integration of elements such as:
- The ability to join multiple Z-Series oscilloscopes together using Agilent’s software to form a system of 40 channels or more (N8822A);
- Compatibility with more than 40 measurement-specific applications, including jitter, triggering and measurement software, analysis tools and full-compliance certification test suites;
- Breakthrough Infiniium offline analysis software, which lets engineers analyze data using oscilloscope software on a PC or laptop instead of tying up the instrument for analysis;
- N2807A PrecisionProbe Advanced software that helps engineers characterize and correct for cables to the full 63 GHz; and
- Agilent’s InfiniiMax III probing technology for bandwidths up to 30 GHz.
Customers who have previously purchased the 90000 Q-Series can upgrade their units to Z-Series performance by ordering the N2105A and N2109A upgrade kits.