RF and microwave specialist Mini-Circuits collaborated with Vayyar, a pioneer in 4D radar imaging, to offer RF/microwave engineers, researchers, and academia a ready-to-use 4D millimeter wave (mmWave) imaging and sensing application development platform. This latest collaboration builds on the companies’ partnership to deliver hands-on learning tools to university students and educators in RF/microwave.
The VTRIG-74 mmWave imaging and sensing development kit is designed to help engineers and researchers develop next-generation imaging and sensing applications without the cost and overhead of building their own hardware. The development kit is powered by Vayyar’s high-resolution integrated RF transceiver technology and radar IP. Applications include industrial IoT, robotics, smart homes, motion and obstacle detection, vehicular operator and passenger detection, and medical patient monitoring.
At the heart of the kit is Vayyar’s high-performance transceiver chip with the entire mmWave front-end and analog baseband signal chain for up to 40 antennas. Here’s the datasheet for more details.
Key features include:
- Out-of-the-box ready mmWave transceiver module for 4D imaging and sensing application development
- 20 transmit by 20 receive integrated antenna array for high-resolution 4D imaging
- Operation within the 62-GHz to 69-GHz band
- Real-time data processing of transmit and receive pair phasors for each swept frequency point
- Pre-configured profiles to adjust receiver resolution and imaging processing time
- Complete API for Python and Matlab
The VTRIG-74 4D mmWave imaging and sensing development kits are available now from the Mini-Circuits store for $2,995, with discounts for university students, educators and researchers.
>> This article was originally published on our sister site, Electronic Products.