Kontron and its sister company S&T Technologies announce the availability of SUSiEtec in the US market. With the flexible SUSiEtec platform, S&T Technologies offers an end-to-end IoT solution that enables customers to build scalable edge computing solutions with Microsoft Azure IoT Edge Services. Early field trial phases have taken place with customers. Kontron has chosen Microsoft Azure as its preferred cloud platform for IoT solutions.
In IoT scenarios, SUSiEtec acts as a flexible IoT middleware in between devices and the cloud, translating protocols, filtering data, and processing them on premises. The platform takes care of the analysis and processing of data incurred. SUSiEtec lifts the traditional boundaries between data acquisition, data processing, and data provisioning, enabling the integration of IT and OT. SUSiEtec comes fully integrated with Kontron's gateway-, fog computing-, and server products, many of which are already Azure Certified for IoT.
With a shortage of skilled employees for hybrid IoT environments, there is great demand for flexible solutions that allow integrating existing applications into the cloud. SUSiEtec addresses this demand by providing an end-to-end application-ready IoT platform.
Some S&T Group customers are already using SUSiEtec, where SUSiEtec provides a number of tangible benefits:
- Predictive maintenance, reducing downtime throughout the entire process
- Real-time monitoring using the right resource at the right time
- Asset tracking, providing more accurate TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- System optimization through hybrid approach enabling mix of on-premises, private cloud and third-party services with orchestration between platforms
- Self-service BI tools for various departments from sales to solution designers
- Smarter products and services through machine learning and data science support
- Accelerated response times by using Azure IoT Edge