Lantronix has added support for Python to its PremierWave family of Intelligent Gateways. Python is a dynamic, object-oriented programming language that israpidly becoming a standard for creating and deploying industrial IoT applications. The Company also announced the launch of a new developers' wiki to provide downloadable sample scripts, instructions, and a platform for community sharing and collaboration.
Customers can now bring M2M/IoT solutions to market faster by focusing on their customized application logic and combining it with the secure remote access, protocol handling, robust connectivity management and device management capabilities of the underlying Lantronix enterprise grade software and rugged cellular or Wi-Fi connected hardware platforms optimized for Industrial IoT deployments.
Key Benefits of Python Support in Lantronix Products:
- Full Python Standard Library Support – Permits simpler development workflow and use of all standard features without limitations.
- Focus on key application logic while benefitting from using secure and ruggedized M2M/IoT Gateway products.
- Make use of vast resources of available software code and developer expertise in Python to customize M2M applications.
- Bring M2M solutions to market faster with portable applications using the Python interpreter and ready to deploy M2M gateways.
- Scale M2M applications by making intelligent decisions at the network edge (closer to the source of the data) and sending only relevant data to the cloud.
Supported Lantronix Products:
- PremierWave XC HSPA+ Intelligent Cellular M2M Gateway- An industrial grade, 3.5G cellular solution for communicating with industrial equipment and machines remotely and securely.
- PremierWave XN Intelligent Wi-Fi Gateway -High-performance, dual band (2.4/5GHz) Wireless LAN Gateway Offering Enterprise Wi-Fi Security for Wi-Fi connectivity.
The Company plans to support Python on additional product families. Contact Lantronix Sales for more information at .
The Lantronix Python Wiki
Lantronix customers, partners, and IoT enthusiasts are encouraged to visit the new Lantronix Python Wiki — where they can find reference information and download sample code and instructions, and share ideas with the community of Lantronix users through Python forums. For more information or to download the latest samples, visit http://wiki.lantronix.com/developer/ .