Micro Digital has added more functionality, simpler usage, smaller size, and better safety to Version 4.2 of SMX.
Significant improvements include:
- Exchange Messaging has been extended to support broadcasting and multicasting.
- Block Pools have also been extensively improved. smx raw blocks were replaced with smxBase blocks.
- Event Groups have been completely redesigned. Slots have been eliminated to simplify usage. Pre-clear and post-clear masks have been added.
- Semaphores have been completely redesigned.
- Multi-Level Queues, except rq, have been replaced with priority or FIFO queues, as appropriate.
- One-Shot Tasks are now easier to use effectively. Stop calls were changed to stop the task in all cases, which simplifies use.
- Code size has been reduced by about 40%.
- x86 code has been fully removed from smx and smxBase, significantly simplifying some files.
SMX v4.2 is available now and includes full source code, 90 days of technical support, and no per-seat charges. All of Micro Digital’s software is royalty free and is sold with a 30 day money-back guarantee.