Mistral Software's Hands-free Car Kit (HFCK) software development platform offers a combination of digital signal processing (DSP) and microprocessor functionality suitable for embedded audio, video and communications requirements in automotive applications.
The HFCK is based on Analog Devices Blackfin Car Telematics Platform.
It provides complete hands-free operation to make/receive calls on GSM phones, either through wired GSM handset, embedded GSM or Bluetooth interface. The device also provides audio streaming over Bluetooth to play encoded audio data (MP3, AAC, WMA) coming from source device like handheld jukebox.
The HFCK integrates the latest voice processing algorithms AEC/NR, delivering the highest quality speech in noisy automotive environments. Some of the other features of the HFCK include:
- Speech recognition (American English) for command/control
- Voice Dialing (Digit & Name-Speaker Dependent/Independent)
- Intuitive Voice Guidance with Text-to-Speech
- Handset Address book synchronization with Bluetooth handset
- Automatic creation of voice transcripts (SI) for name dialing from Phone Address book
- Automatic Call answer after preset number of rings
- Streaming Audio playback from Bluetooth source device
- Hardware Volume control
The design, based on a single Blackfin processor, is powerful enough to reduce telematics system costs, size and development time by integrating features like Bluetooth, GSM (Voice/SMS), ASR/TTS and streaming audio onto a single processing platform, said Anees Ahmed, President & CEO, Mistral Software.
More information is available at www.mistralsoftware.com/hfck .