Movea has announced it is making gesture recognition and gesture database design capabilities available to consumer electronic OEMs and systems integrators though its GestureBuilder software. GestureBuilder is part of Movea’s SmartMotion portfolio and a component of the MoveTV platform. It enables touchless gestures for control of smartphones, tablets, TVs, set top boxes, and media center PCs running Linux, Android, and Windows 7. Windows 8 support is also planned.
GestureBuilder users can create an unlimited number of 2D and 3D gestures utilizing 2- to 9-axes of sensor data from any combination of MEMS accelerometers, gyroscopes, and magnetometers. Additionally, consumer electronics OEMs and systems integrators can benefit from Movea’s pre-defined libraries of 2D and 3D gestures, simple swipes, and predefined packages of custom gestures for vertical markets.
GestureBuilder captures motion data from combinations of MEMS sensors and leverages Movea’s extensive portfolio of proprietary data fusion and signal processing techniques to record and recognize gestures in real-time and optimize gesture databases for performance and accuracy.
Gesture Recognition Features
- In-air gesture creation
- 2-, 3-, 5-, 6-, and 9-axis sensor configurations supported
- Edit gesture databases
- Gesture database management: Load, save, delete, regroup databases
- Gesture recognition testing
- Real-time representation of recorded and performed gestures
Gesture database performance features
- Recognition options configuration: tolerance, processing, threshold
- Database recognition performance tuning recommendations
- Global gesture database efficiency testing and reporting
- Automated user experience testing
- Identification and reporting of confusing similar gestures
- Gesture class cohesion optimization
GestureBuilder is available through license agreement. Movea will be demonstrating Gesture Builder at CES, January 9th to 12th 2012, in the Las Vegas Nevada at the Hilton Hotel Conference Center Suite 669, by appointment only. For further information, visit Movea on the web or to schedule an appointment, contact Movea Sales by email at .