Texas Instruments has launched the MSP430 USB LaunchPad Evaluation Kit and supporting ecosystem of software and support for its portfolio of USB microcontrollers. The MSP-EXP430F5529LP LaunchPad, based on the ultra-low power MSP430F5529 microcontroller (MCU), provides engineers and makers of all experience levels more connectivity, memory, and performance options for a variety of low-power consumer, industrial, medical, and wireless connectivity applications.
BoosterPacks can also easily plug into the MSP430 USB LaunchPad to enable wireless connectivity to smart home and building, health and fitness and portable consumer applications.
The new MSP-EXP430F5529LP LaunchPad includes support for Energia. The community-developed, open-source integrated development environment (IDE) based on the Wiring framework enables code compatibility across TI’s Energia-supported MCU LaunchPads and BoosterPacks including the new NFC BoosterPack and recently announced SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000 BoosterPack. Developers can now leverage Energia to port code developed for these BoosterPacks and easily add NFC connectivity and secure short range wireless connectivity or Wi-Fi to applications for the IoT.
Features and benefits of the MSP-EXP430F5529LP:
- Includes the 16-bit ultra-low power MSP430F5529 MCU, with 128KB Flash, 8KB RAM, 25MHz CPU speed, integrated USB and PHY supporting USB 2.0, and integrated 12-bit ADC.
- Incorporates USB connectivity and other peripherals including serial ports for UART, I2C, and SPI controllers so developers can support the communication standard best suited for their application.
- Contains TI’s TPS2041C USB power switch and TUSB2046 full-speed USB hub that are well suited for designs using MSP430F5529 MCUs.
- Compatible with TI’s existing low-cost SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000, CC110L Sub-1GHz and CC2530 ZigBeeBoosterPacks for multiple wireless connectivity options.
- BoosterPack XL connection standard allows more functionality and compatibility with existing BoosterPacks ecosystem and future MSP430 LaunchPads.
- Compatible with complete portfolio of existing BoosterPacks so developers can now quickly and easily evaluate functionality across TI’s broad portfolio of microcontrollers.