The BCM58300 from Broadcom Corporation is a new secure processor that delivers enhanced performance, security, networking, and multimedia capabilities for a wide range of endpoint applications, including payment terminals and devices aggregating data from Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The BCM58300 is designed to protect sensitive user data and end systems against common hardware and software security attacks. The processor powers authenticated and intelligent processing nodes to aggregate data from sensors, payment cards, wireless devices, keypads, security cameras and other connected devices and securely processes this information to the network.
The new addition to the StrataGX family, the BCM58300, incorporates advanced hardware security, a high performance ARM Cortex A9 processor running up to 1.25GHz, and versatile communications and user interfaces, all contained in a very small package and power envelope. The ARM Cortex A9 processor also includes L1 and L2 caches, ARM NEON Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) architecture extensions and floating-point unit to support enhanced graphics, audio, video, and other capabilities. For enhanced user interfaces and larger device displays, a hardware 3D graphics accelerator is integrated as well.
Additionally, the BCM58300 is integrated with enhanced BroadSAFE Security, providing exceptionally strong hardware-based protection for critical user and payment data without impacting system performance. BroadSAFE capabilities include hardware cryptographic acceleration, Secure boot, Security Protection Logic such as Tampers, Monitors, Sensors, and battery-backed logic. In addition the BCM58300 family integrates ARM TrustZONE secure processing architecture.
The BCM58300 enables cost effective and power-efficient system designs and is aimed at a broad set of embedded applications including wireless audio, industrial Ethernet applications, and in thehome automation devices.
- Next generation BroadSAFE security with secure protection logic and monitors, tamper detection and sensors, crypto acceleration, physical mesh, battery-backed logic
- Device customization with Secure Boot capability
- Secure Memory Access Controller with on-the-fly encryption and decryption
- Static and Differential Power Analysis (SPA/DPA) countermeasures
- Smart Card UART controllers (2)
- ARM Trustzone secure processing architecture
- ARM Cortex A9 up to 1.25GHz with L1 and 256KB L2 cache, NEON and floating point unit
- LCD Controller (parallel and serial MIPI)
- 3D graphics hardware acceleration
- Camera Interface
- NAND, QSPI NOR, DDR, and SRAM memory controllers
- 10-channel ADC for Resistive Touchscreen Panel and System Sensors
- Keypad interface
- I2S and SPDIF with timestamp support for tracking and synchronizing audio streams
- Four-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch/MAC with EEE-compliant PHYs
- PCI Express (PCIe) gen 2
- USB 2.0 host and device interfaces (3)
- Controlling Area Networking (CAN), (2)
- Multiple Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM)channels
- SDIO controllers (2)
- UART/SPI/BSC/Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)/General-Purpose Input/Output (GPIO)
Low-power 28 nm CMOS process