Semtech Corporation states that its SX1238 transceiver is the first device available to fully integrate transceiver and front-end module into a single package, creating an ideal solution for smart metering applications such as water, gas and electric meters targeting WMBus, 802.15.4g, WiSUN, and Zigbee NAN. The SX1238 complements to Semtech’s long-range LoRa technology for machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of things (IoT) solutions and infrastructure.
The SX1238 supports GFSK, FSK, GMSK and OOK modulation and is designed to support WMBus, IEEE 802.15.4g (SUN), WiSUN, Zigbee NAN, FCC 15.247, EN 300-220 as well as other worldwide RF standards and regulations.
- +27 dBm maximum output power
- -124 dBm sensitivity @ 1.2kbps GFSK
- Frequency range = 863-928 MHz
- Low current consumption: 100 nA sleep current with register retention
- Bit rates up to 300 kbps
- 1.8 V to 3.7 V supply range
- Ultra-fast frequency hoping
- WMBus, 802.15.4g(SUN), WiSUN, and Zigbee NAN
- ETSI, and FCC compliant
The SX1238 (order code: SX1238IMLTRT) is available immediately in production quantities and is priced at $2.20 each in 10,000-piece lots. Semtech offers comprehensive design assistance, including field- and factory-based support.