Semtech Corp.'s RClamp3346P is a high-performance, ultra-low capacitance transient voltage suppression (TVS) device to protect USB 3.0 interfaces from electrostatic discharge (ESD). The RClamp3346P provides ultra-low clamping voltage performance and low dynamic resistance in an easy-to-lay-out package. Current USB 3.0 protection schemes usually call for multiple TVS devices, complicating the design and final bill of materials. The RClamp3346P replaces up to 6 discrete and protects the SuperSpeed pairs plus the high-speed signal lines in a slim 2.7mm by 0.8mm package.
Built on Semtech’s highly differentiated SCR process technology, the RClamp3346P achieves the industry’s lowest overall clamping voltage without impacting the signal quality. Designed to meet the high operating data rate of the USB 3.0 interface, this device introduces less than 0.65pF capacitance into the signal path. The RClamp3346P is also qualified to grade 1 of the AEC-Q100 automotive reliability standard in order to provide the highest level of component reliability.
- Transient protection for high-speed data lines to: IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±20kV (air), ±12kV (contact); IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT) 40A (5/50ns); IEC 61000-4-5 (lightning) 5A (8/20?s)
- 3.3V working voltage protection
- Protects 6 I/O line in flow-through package
- Low capacitance (<0.65pF line-to-ground)
- Low dynamic resistance (0.15Ohm typical)
- Pb Free and RoHS/WEEE compliant