Sigma Designs' Z-Wave Next Gen product portfolio is designed for OEMs and service providers developing home control products and services. The new platform enables developers to bring new products to market substantially faster at lower cost, with customizable reference designs and with new hardware featuring higher performance and more memory.
The platform consists of:
- Z-Ware, the middleware for home control that forms an intelligent application programming interface (API) and provides capabilities such as Configuration, Scenes and Device Control, Schedules, and Statistics;
- Z-Ware Apps, the fully customizable user interface reference designs that provide a consistent look and feel across multiple platforms including PC, TV, tablet, smartphone, and other cloud based services;
- ZIPR, a reference design to handle all translation between Z-Wave, IP and the Z-Wave mesh network;
- Z/IP Gateway, the gateway reference designs that transforms IP protocol commands to Z-Wave command and vice versa;
- UZB, a USB Z-Wave controller reference design to enable Z-Wave functionality via a USB port; and
- Next Gen 500 Series chips and modules to support consumer hardware manufacturing with increased memory allowing for more product features, better RF properties and lower standby power consumption
A demonstration of the Z-Wave Next Gen product suite can be viewed at TVConnect Booth #214 , taking place in London March 19-21.