Freescale Semiconductor's Xtrinsic FXLC95000CL sensor hub integrates an on-board accelerometer with capability to manage multiple external sensors. The solution is designed to enable complex calculations required for sensor fusion algorithms via interpreted sensing information and control rather than simple raw data processing.
Using the sensor hub, designers can efficiently scale a basic 3-axis accelerometer system up to a full 9-axis inertial measurement unit with altimetry, ambient light sensing, temperature sensing, humidity sensing and other capabilities. Exceptional scalability and integration allow sensor data to be processed locally, offloading compute cycles from the host processor and ultimately reducing system power consumption while boosting performance.
The Xtrinsic FXLC95000CL combines a 32-bit ColdFire V1 MCU core, 128K flash memory and 16K RAM with an open architecture and development support from a suite of code development tools, including the award-winning CodeWarrior Integrated Development Environment (IDE). To help jump-start product creation, Freescale also offers a software library suite that includes the Freescale MQX operating system, a hardware abstraction layer, a sensor manager and popular applications such as eCompass software.
The open architecture programmability and supported API allows software developers to quickly create an intelligent platform for managing multiple sensors for a variety of applications including pedometers, shock event trackers, 9-axis inertial measurement units, context awareness solutions, device orientation detection solutions and more.
The Freescale FXLC95000CL Xtrinsic intelligent sensor hub includes:
- 3-axis low-noise accelerometer
- +/-2g, 4g, 8g configurable dynamic ranges available
- Up to 16-bit resolution
- 32-bit MCU
- ColdFire V1 CPU with hardware MAC unit
- 128K flash, 16K RAM, 16K ROM
- Up to 16 MHZ internal clock source
- 2 serial interfaces to support both master and slave I²C and SPI connectivity
- Sleep instructions and low power mode to enable local power conservation
- Wide operating voltage and temperature range
- 1.72 V to 3.6 V I/O supply voltage
- -40 C to 85 C operating temp range
- Small package footprint
- 3mm x 5mm x 1mm 24-pin LGA package