The Sitara AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 Starter Kit from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) has a 4.3-inch LCD display supporting rotation and tilt capabilities. The low-cost development platform, based on the Sitara AM3358 ARM Cortex-A8 processor, integrates multiple communication options such as Dual Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for the creation of highly connected devices.
At speeds up to 720 MHz, the AM335x Starter Kit accelerates designs with a ready-for-production hardware and software platform. This board is an affordable tool that offers the ability to quickly evaluate the features of the processor and accompanying TI components, taking the guesswork out of hardware design. Developers can accelerate time to market and reduce costs when creating connected thermostats, security panels, wireless hard disk drives, and portable hot spots.
Click on image to enlarge.
AM335x Starter Kit key features include:
- Scalable with pin for pin options for graphics and industrial communications based on AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processors at up to 720 MHz.
- Two-Gb DDR3 memory.
- Two Gb Ethernet ports via integrated 2-port switch on the AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processor.
- 4.3 inch LCD touch screen (5.1 inch x 2.6 inch) supporting rotation and tilt capabilities via the on-board accelerometer and countless application possibilities.
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) with Wi-Fi Direct support and Bluetooth v4.0 including Bluetooth low energy connectivity via on-board WL1271 Murata module with integrated antenna.
- XDS100 JTAG emulator functionality on board via USB enables debug at no extra cost
- Additional peripherals such as USB, USB-UART, navigation buttons, user LEDs, audio out and more.
Turnkey software development kits for Android and Linux
In addition to extending TI’s hardware portfolio with the availability of a low-cost development tool, the AM335x Starter Kit fully leverages TI’s proven suite of software solutions, including Sitara StarterWare software for accelerated application speed and scalability. The AM335x Starter Kit is also compatible with the Android and Linux operating system distributions from TI, delivering complete support for the latest software solutions and cutting-edge customer applications using Android 4.0 and Linux 3.x.
Pricing and availability
The new AM335x Starter Kit is available and shipping today for $199.