Wind River Intelligent Device Platform from Wind River is a complete software development environment built exclusively for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. The platform addresses the security, connectivity, and manageability required for M2M device development. The platform is designed to enable M2M development by providing proven software and expertise to fuel rapid innovation and deployment of secure and reliable intelligent devices. It provides pre-integrated off-the-shelf components that can significantly reduce a manufacturer's development time.
The Intelligent Device Platform is based on Wind River Linux, the company’s commercial embedded Linux operating system, which is standards-compliant and fully tested. It contains security features designed for M2M development, smart and connected capabilities that enable rich network options, and validated and flexible device management software. The core of the platform is a layer that contains configuration and build information for integrating other M2M components to generate an optimized, functional run-time image.
- Wind River Linux operating system
- Validated and supported middleware stack, including virtual machine, OMA DM, OSGi, TR-069, and home automation
- Wide range of connectivity options, including 3G, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, and Z-Wave across PAN, LAN and WAN networks
- Secure Remote Management, featuring customizable trusted boot, grsecurity for resource control, TPM secure key migration and integrity measurement
- Wind River development tools including Wind River Workbench, based on the Eclipse framework, and Wind River build system for software integration
- Web-based configuration management for device provision, setup, and management
- Supported hardware, including Intel Atom on a Kontron board
- Compatibility with the newly introduced Intel Intelligent Systems Framework, a set of interoperable solutions designed to address connecting, managing, and securing devices
Wind River Intelligent Device Platform builds on the company’s existing M2M technologies included in its Embedded Development Kit for M2M Smart Services, a plug-and-play hardware and operating system/middleware platform that is truly “application ready.” To complement its M2M capabilities, Wind River has a strategic set of M2M partners that includes independent software vendors, value-added resellers, board vendors, and distributors.
Available Q4 2012.