PALO ALTO, CA Denali Software today announced its first embedded software product offering known as the Spectra flash file system. Spectra provides embedded system developers with a fully featured flash file system that is designed to optimize performance from commercially-available NAND or NOR flash devices. Spectra aims to enable system developers to rapidly deploy high-quality flash memory systems for a wide variety of applications, ranging from handsets to network routers running multi-threaded applications.
The Spectra flash file system was specifically designed to provide embedded system developers with a fully featured product for both NAND or NOR memories. Key features of the Spectra flash file system combined with the company's Databahn flash controller include:
- Support for all commercial NAND and NOR flash devices
- Support for both SLC and MLC, selectable fast ECC algorithms
- Concurrent use of multiple volumes
- XIP, Full POSIX file system
- Multi-threaded from RTOS/OS to flash device interface
- Dynamic creation/deletion of files and directories
- Wear-leveling for prolonged device operation
- Boot support
- Options for Garbage collection, File Fragmentation, Bad Block detect/recover
The product features ANSI C source code and Verilog register transfer level (RTL) code, scripts for synthesis and static timing analysis, systemRDL (Register Description Language) code for programmable registers, multiple protection scheme options, and a complete verification environment, including vendor-specific flash device models, assertion libraries, and protocol monitors.
Denali Software Inc., +1 (650) 461-7200, www.denali.com .