Houston, Texas — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) and Lyrtech today announced the availability of a Hands-Free Kit (HFK) Reference Design for use with the new TMS320C54HFK digital signal processor (DSP). This small form factor reference design provides all the hardware and software needed to build an automotive HFK, and it supports customization to meet specific product needs. According to TI, the kit can save OEMs up to 10 months in development time.
The HFK Reference Design offers a full set of hardware, schematics and Gerber files. Key features include:
- The TMS320C54HFK DSP, a new device optimized for HFK products.
- A trial version of TI's Code Composer Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) as well as associated library examples.
- The TI BTR6300 Bluetooth chip, which provides very low-power Bluetooth 1.1/1.2/2.0-compliant connectivity and supports enhanced data rates of 2 and 3 Mbps.
- The TLV320AIC31 low-power stereo audio CODEC, which features a 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio.
- Acoustic Technologies' SoundClear software, which delivers a combination of patented algorithms for acoustic echo cancellation, noise cancellation, sound enhancement and full-duplex control.
- Acoustic's RAPID-HFK tuning tool, which allows manufacturers to tune their designs quickly and efficiently.
- Bluetooth communication software from Adamya Computing Technologies. This software allowing simultaneous audio and data streaming.
Additional software is available to customize the design, such as phone book download functionality and speech recognition.
The reference design can be manufactured as-is, or customized to meet the OEM's needs. Lyrtech offers design engineering and manufacturing capabilities that let OEMs pursue either path with the simplicity and speed of single-source contracting. OEMs may also manufacture the design through other channels.
The HFK Reference Design is available for $495 through Lyrtech, with order entry beginning in December, 2006. For more information see www.ti.com/hfkpr.
Lyrtech , 1 (888) 922-4644 US/Canada, 1 (418) 877-4644 Worldwide,http://www.lyrtech.com/,