The DRV2605 from Texas Instruments Incorporated is a haptic driver designed to make it easy to add realistic tactile feedback effects to consumer and industrial products such as smartphones, tablets, ebooks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, and washing machines. The DRV2605 is an eccentric rotating mass actuator (ERM) and linear resonant actuator (LRA) haptic driver pre-loaded with a library of 123 distinct haptic effects.
- Reduced system complexity: The pre-loaded Immersion haptic effects library offers a range of distinct and differentiated tactile effects for touch screen feedback, giving users a more satisfying and realistic experience.
- Audio-to-haptics mode: Automatically converts audio from music, movies or games into haptic effects. The audio mode adds a vibrating bass enhancement that allows users to feel and fully experience audio and video content.
- Smart loop architecture: Offers automatic overdriving and braking for ERMs and LRAs, which simplifies software programming and reduces startup and braking time by 50 percent. Automatic resonance tracking for the LRA delivers twice the vibration force at half the power of competitive solutions. In addition, the automatic actuator diagnostics and level tracking feature delivers consistent acceleration over a range of environmental conditions.
- Smallest solution size: At 1.5-mm by 1.5-mm, the DRV2605 offers designers the industry’s smallest package for space-constrained portable applications.
- Complete touch solution: The DRV2605 combines with any member of TI’s touch screen controller family to create a complete touch screen solution.
The DRV2605 joins the DRV2604 ERM/LRA haptic driver, which shares the same core and industry-leading performance and power-saving features, minus the audio-to-haptics mode and Immersion haptic effects library. Evaluation modules (EVMs) are available for the DRV2605 and DRV2604, each for a suggested retail price of US$99.