Texas Instruments Inc.'s C2000 Piccolo F2806x InstaSPIN-MOTION LaunchPad development kit provides a modular, quick-launch development tool containing everything needed — MCU, emulation and, for the first time, InstaSPIN-MOTION software — for engineers to easily and effectively design complete real-time motion control systems with optimized sensored or sensorless motion control.
InstaSPIN-MOTION is designed to reduce controller tuning to a single parameter, optimize complex motion sequences, and track desired trajectories across operating ranges. The C2000 InstaSPIN-MOTION LaunchPad incorporates all features from the previously introduced InstaSPIN-FOC LaunchPad in addition to new InstaSPIN-MOTION features, enabling developers to take their designs to the next level.
Motion control challenges in traditional motor systemscan be eliminated by utilizing theintegrated 90-MHz C2000 Piccolo TMS320F28069M microcontroller (MCU) with on-chip InstaSPIN-MOTION motion control technology.
Leverage InstaSPIN-MOTION SpinTAC components from LineStream Technologies embedded on the ROM of the C2000 F28069M MCU to:
- Ensure optimum control by automatically identifying the real inertia and friction of the system.
- Minimize effort and reduce complexity with single coefficient tuning. Rapidly test and tune position and/or velocity control from soft to stiff response, defining a controller gain that typically works across the entire operating range of an application. The controller actively estimates and cancels system disturbances in real time, providing maximum performance.
- Produce run-time optimized motion profiles based on start and target position or velocity and system limitations for acceleration, jerk and motion trajectory type.
- Quickly combine various MOVEs with state-based logic.
- Achieve sensorless torque or velocity control with the FAST algorithm-based sensorless control as well as InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION projects.
- Obtain sensored velocity or servo position plus velocity control with encoder feedback and InstaSPIN-MOTION projects.
Quickly and easily evaluate and develop full InstaSPIN-MOTION-based applications using the hardware design package (gerbers, schematics and BOM) and motor control library(modules, drivers, system examples, documentation) included in the MotorWare software infrastructure, which offers latest in C object-oriented and API-based coding techniques and 100+ lab-based projects with robust documentation that lets you explore the features of InstaSPIN-MOTION. MotorWare also offers a customizable universal GUI to instrument any MotorWare project.
The C2000 F2806x InstaSPIN-MOTION LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28069M) is available today for $25 USD, and the C2000 InstaSPIN-FOC LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28027F ) is available for $17.The DRV8301 motor drive BoosterPack (BOOSTXL-DRV8301 ) is available for $49. Software and documentation are available for download . The 90-MHz 32-bit floating-point Piccolo F2806xM MCUs equipped with InstaSPIN-MOTION start at $10.22 in 10k-unit quantities. Newly introduced Piccolo F2805xM MCUs equipped with InstaSPIN-MOTION start at $6.56, and Piccolo F2802xF MCUs equipped with InstaSPIN-FOC start at $4.03.