Texas Instruments Incorporated has launched its newest 32-bit, real-time C2000 Piccolo F2806xU microcontrollers (MCUs) with integrated USB connectivity. The new MCUs are targeted for applications where users need to access diagnostics and make on-the-go changes in the field. Example applications are consumer and industrial motor control systems, industrial power systems, telecom and data systems, wind and solar energy generation, and general power electronic applications.
Click on image to enlarge.
Features of the F2806xU MCUs include:
- Integrated USB 2.0 and CAN peripherals for on-the-go communications in the field.
- 12-bit, 3 MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with simultaneous, dual sampling and on-chip voltage reference yield quick and accurate system feedback.
- Three high-speed analog comparators with 30ns response time promote near instantaneous fault responsiveness.
- C-programmable, 32-bit floating-point CLA co-processor included with F2806x Piccolo MCUs bolsters system performance by up to twofold and enables closed loop control of multiple independent targets. The CLA has direct control of on-chip peripherals and features its own bus and memory structure to support parallel execution of algorithms.
- In addition to the C28x core and CLA, the Viterbi Complex Math Unit (VCU) provides 75 tailored math instructions to accelerate processing of communications algorithms.
- Code compatibility across the C2000 MCU platform allows developers to scale solutions from 40 MHz to 300 MHz.